Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pondering Election Day

Well, it all comes down to this, folks.


For the last (exactly) ten months, I have worked hard to represent the people of St. George's Ward and St. Catharines.

Tomorrow, the voters of St. George's Ward will decide whether or not to bestow upon me the honour of continuing to represent them for the next four years.

I am running to serve for the next four years, because I want to continue to contribute to making St. Catharines a vibrant community; a community of which we can all be proud.

In everything I do, communication is of the utmost importance to me. I have answered every single e-mail, phone call, survey, and media request. I have attended candidate events, and I will continue to hold ward meetings if I am fortunate enough to be elected tomorrow.

To that end, and with the help of some very generous and supportive friends, I hand-delivered nearly 6,000 brochures, in an effort to speak to voters one-on-one. Those conversations were very positive and I am appreciative of the time each and every resident took to speak with me.

The support, encouragement, and kindness that I have received has been absolutely humbling. There is no way to come out of a campaign without being humbled by it.

Without the help of my family, friends, and supporters, I would not be where I am today. I would not have had the privilege of serving on City Council for the last ten months. I would not be sitting here this evening pondering tomorrow night's outcome.

Whatever tomorrow's outcome, I wish my fellow candidates good luck and great success.

And, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment