Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Election Signs

You won't see election signs with my name on them distributed throughout the St. George's ward, even though I did have signs for the last election. Why?

As I was walking or driving around the ward placing signs during the last election, I quickly realized what an eyesore they are. Not that I hadn't noticed this during all previous elections, but there's something about seeing your own name among the sea of signs that really drives the point home.

So, rather than pollute our landscape and, ultimately, our environment (all that plastic and metal!) with election signs, I will be making myself known through Facebook, Twitter (@LauraIp4Council) and this blog.

Please don't hesitate to e-mail me at lauraipforstgeorgesward@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment