Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Running in St. George's Ward rather than Grantham Ward

A few people have asked me why I'm running for Council in St. George's Ward when I actually live in Grantham Ward.

Here's why:

I live on the border of the two wards. I am on the north side of Scott Street, which falls within the Grantham Ward, and St. George's Ward begins on the south side of Scott Street (right across the street from me).

While I will strongly support issues that arise in St. George's Ward for my constituents, I also feel that - overall - all councillors should be making decisions that are in the best interest of the entire city.

Finally, when I read that there were only two candidates running in St. George's Ward (while there is a healthy roster in Grantham), I knew that I had to run in St. George's in order to give voters a choice (otherwise, the candidates would simply be acclaimed to their position).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at lauraipforstgeorgesward@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment