Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Voters not looking for unpleasantness in campaign

Twice now, I have been confronted (either in person or on-line) with unpleasantness from another candidate.

The other day, as we both happened to be at the same place, we were speaking with a group of voters, and the other candidate threw into the conversation that he was the only one running in St. George's ward who had any brains. I laughed it off.

Earlier today, he advised a group on their Facebook page: "Please trust me. I am the only one in my ward willing to listen to both sides." This, after I was the only one in the ward who met with the group to whom he was responding.

Here's what I know about the voters: For the most part, they are not looking for candidates to be unpleasant or insulting to each other. They are looking for fully truthful, fact-based statements.

I will not say anything personal about another candidate, and I most certainly won't say anything that can't be backed up as fact.

We all run for different reasons. I am not running because I have anything personal against any of the other candidates - incumbent or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment